The man David Cameron just put in charge of the government’s Brexit policy (see post directly below)
Oliver Letwin books andpamphlet:
Oliver Letwin and John Redwood. (1988)
Britain’s Biggest Enterprise – ideas for radical reform of the NHS
“… four out of five main recommendations made in the 20-page pamphlet are already being put into place.
Britain’s Biggest Enterprise :
– calls the NHS “a bureaucratic monster that cannot be tamed”.
– says the NHS needs “radical reform” and “revolutionary ideas”.
– claims waiting lists were caused by the “system itself” rather than a lack of funds, and that spending more money would simply increase waiting lists.
It makes these five recommendations:
1) Establishment of the NHS as an independent trust.
2) Increased use of joint ventures between the NHS and private sector
3) Extending the principle of charging
Oliver Letwin (1988)
Privatising the World: A Study of International Privatisation in Theory and Practice
Amazon Books 1 star Review:
This is the well spring of what they are doing to our country. The owners of the snouts in the trough that cannot bear to think of any money, any transaction happening without a profit being made for a shareholder or a bank, or Letwin’s friends like Cameron, Osborne and Hunt. An appalling treatise on how greed is right and the public interest is wrong. How to dismantle the stuff that glues us together and sell it off to corporate cartels – the failure of the fuel market, the chaos of our “privatised” railways, the reluctance of bus companies to run unprofitable routes, zero hours contracts – all of these should be warnings of where this sort of poisoned, anti social thinking can lead. Read this book and be afraid.