There were 1,259 new cases of Covid-19 recorded across Devon in the seven days to December 29, according to figures released today (January 3).
Ian Hughes www.devonlive.com
Cullompton reported more positive tests than any other area during that time, with 48.
Elsewhere, there were increases of 35 in Cranbrook, Broadclystand Stoke Canon, 32 in Ottery St Mary and West Hill, and 29 in Middlemoor and Sowton.
Over the same time period, the highest infection rate was also recorded in Cullompton – with 545.8 new cases per 100,000 people.
It was followed by rates of 381.4 in Alphington and Marsh Barton, 372 in St Leonard’s, and 359.3 in Ottery St Mary and West Hill.
Across the UK, the death toll now stands at 75,024 and 2,654,779 people have tested positive since the beginning of the pandemic.
This represents an increase of 454 and 54,990 respectively in the past 24 hours.
|Area||New positives23-Dec to 29-Dec||Rate per 100K23-Dec to 29-Dec|
|Alphington & Marsh Barton||28||381.4|
|Appledore & Northam North||3||49.2|
|Ashburton & Buckfastleigh||4||49.8|
|Babbacombe & Plainmoor||5||89|
|Bampton, Holcombe & Westleigh||13||189.9|
|Bere Alston, Buckland Monachorum & Yelverton||9||142.1|
|Bideford South & East||13||101.5|
|Bishop’s Nympton, Witheridge & Chulmleigh||6||87.9|
|Bishopsteignton & Shaldon||9||134.4|
|Blatchcombe & Blagdon||6||49.8|
|Bow, Lapford & Yeoford||8||125.6|
|Bradninch, Silverton & Thorverton||19||227.2|
|Bratton Fleming, Goodleigh & Kings Heanton||3||48.8|
|Chagford, Princetown & Dartmoor||10||144|
|Chelston, Cockington & Livermead||12||109.6|
|Chillington, Torcross & Stoke Fleming||3||53|
|Chudleigh & Bovey Tracey||10||102.5|
|Churston & Galmpton||8||118.2|
|Clifton & Maidenway||9||126.6|
|Clyst, Exton & Lympstone||7||102.4|
|Countess Wear & Topsham||12||155.6|
|Cranbrook, Broadclyst & Stoke Canon||35||260|
|Dunkesewell, Upottery & Stockland||8||137.8|
|Exmouth Withycombe Raleigh||15||202.3|
|Exwick & Foxhayes||15||198.3|
|Feniton & Whimple||23||262.6|
|Fremington & Instow||13||203.2|
|Goodrington & Roselands||4||56|
|Hatherleigh, Exbourne & North Tawton||8||82.9|
|Heathfield & Liverton||21||325.5|
|Heavitree East & Whipton South||9||119.3|
|Heavitree West & Polsloe||16||187.4|
|Holsworthy, Bradworthy & Welcombe||9||88.8|
|Honiton North & East||7||115.7|
|Honiton South & West||12||218.1|
|Horrabridge & Mary Tavy||9||148.3|
|Ipplepen & Broadhempston||0||0|
|Kilmington, Colyton & Uplyme||5||59.9|
|Lifton, Lamerton & Bridestowe||12||180.5|
|Loddiswell & Dartington||25||346|
|Lynton & Combe Martin||5||91.2|
|Marldon, Stoke Gabriel & Kingswear||12||160.1|
|Middlemoor & Sowton||29||231.1|
|Mincinglake & Beacon Heath||4||57|
|Morchard Bishop, Copplestone & Newton St Cyres||7||94.3|
|Moretonhampstead, Lustleigh & East Dartmoor||14||237.9|
|Newton Abbot, Broadlands & Wolborough||8||138.7|
|Newton Abbot, Highweek||6||97.6|
|Newton Abbot, Milber & Buckland||9||160.6|
|Newton Abbot, Town Centre||9||143.9|
|Ogwell, Mile End & Teigngrace||13||155|
|Ottery St Mary & West Hill||32||359.3|
|Pennsylvania & University||11||94.6|
|Pinhoe & Whipton North||19||202.8|
|Poppleford, Otterton & Woodbury||0||0|
|Preston & Shorton||14||158.7|
|Roundswell & Landkey||12||129.8|
|Salcombe, Malborough & Thurlestone||10||193.6|
|Shebbear, Cookworthy & Broadheath||3||42.4|
|Shiphay & the Willows||7||66.2|
|Sidbury, Offwell & Beer||4||74.1|
|South Brent & Cornwood||3||36.1|
|St James’s Park & Hoopern||9||93.9|
|St Marychurch & Maidencombe||8||138.4|
|St Thomas East||16||195.5|
|St Thomas West||14||192.4|
|Starcross & Exminster||14||162|
|Tedburn, Shillingford & Higher Ashton||10||185.8|
|Tiverton North & Outer||16||184.2|
|Uffculme & Hemyock||16||234|
|Upton & Hele||6||93.6|
|Wembury, Brixton & Newton Ferrers||10||147.6|
|Westward Ho! & Northam South||9||141|
|Willand, Sampford Peverell & Halberton||9||123|
|Winkleigh & High Bickington||7||95.7|
|Wonford & St Loye’s||16||193.1|
|Woolacombe, Georgeham & Croyde||11||204|
|Woolwell & Lee Mill||11||179.3|
|Yealmpton, Modbury & Aveton Gifford||8||103.8|
More reports of critical patients being transferred to the South West:
Health officials today warned that people as young as 30 ‘will die from Covid’ as NHS hospitals in the West Country brace for an overspill of critically-ill patients from London under emergency plans.
Trusts in London and the south-east at the centre of the UK’s epidemic are preparing to transfer patients to hospitals in the south-west while patients in the east of England will be moved to the Midlands.
The massive Nightingale hospital at the London Excel Centre, which was created in record-time early in the pandemic only to be swiftly mothballed, is also expected to reopen within a fortnight, the Times reports.
National pairing arrangements have been put in place amid warnings from doctors that hospitals in the South have come under ‘immense pressure’ due to a surge in cases of ‘mutant’ Covid, with hospitals across the UK being told prepare to face the same Covid pressures as the NHS in the capital.
Full article can be found here: Jack Wright www.dailymail.co.uk
The nine homes have been built in Worth Matravers on the picturesque Isle of Purbeck, a peninsula in Dorset.
Sixty per cent of the 180 houses there belong to second homeowners and lay empty most of the time. The average price of property in the area is about £400,000.
But the new homes have been sold at 75 per cent their market value and offered to people who live or work in the village or surrounding area.
When the homes are eventually sold on in the future there is a covenant stating they must go to local people with the 25 per cent price reduction in place.
The new-build properties have been built by Dorset-based housing association East Boro.
Full article here: Milly Vincent www.dailymail.co.uk
- Construction of rear dormer 64 Capel Lane Exmouth EX8 2PNRef. No: 20/2883/FUL | Validated: Tue 22 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Construction of first floor dormer, ground floor kitchen extension and replacement of side conservatory The Laurels Longmeadow Road Lympstone Exmouth EX8 5LERef. No: 20/2882/FUL | Validated: Tue 22 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Proposed dormer window on rear (west) elevation. 6 Old Home Farm Rousdon Lyme Regis DT7 3YLRef. No: 20/2863/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Steel framed, agricultural shed Island Farm Exeter Road Ottery St Mary EX11 1RERef. No: 20/2858/AGR | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Removal of condition 4 of planning permission 18/2504/MFUL (Demolition of existing industrial unit and construction of replacement building, raising of site levels and construction of new bridge) to permit works to take place throughout the year Armada House Odhams Wharf EbfordRef. No: 20/2866/VAR | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Proposed single storey rear and side extension and replacement front porch 2 Wynards Close East Budleigh Budleigh Salterton EX9 7ETRef. No: 20/2854/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Single storey extension to bungalow 7 Honey Ditches Drive Seaton EX12 2NURef. No: 20/2870/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Construction of two storey side extension 52 Jackson Meadow Lympstone Exmouth EX8 5GZRef. No: 20/2855/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Construction of detached dwelling, garage and landscaping following demolition of agricultural building (alternative to change of use of agricultural building to dwelling under class Q approval reference 18/2030/PDQ) Land North Of Canterbury House Exmouth Road AylesbeareRef. No: 20/2852/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Proposed new car showroom and sales space Palmers Garage Withycombe Village Road Exmouth EX8 3BDRef. No: 20/2837/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Erection of garden room to rear of dwelling Fairfield House Shepherds Court Ebford Exeter Devon EX3 0FDRef. No: 20/2832/FUL | Validated: Tue 22 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Construction of two storey rear extension with balcony 1 Heath Cottages Broadclyst Exeter EX5 3GZRef. No: 20/2820/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Construction of two storey rear extension and insertion of side rooflights 4 Maristow Avenue Exmouth EX8 3JFRef. No: 20/2829/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Construction of garage Treetops 2 Glebelands Sidmouth EX10 8UBRef. No: 20/2796/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- First floor alterations: construct partition wall with a door to create enclosed second bedroom and 1no. door to create storage area in second bedroom 1 Chowns Cottages Parsonage Way Woodbury Exeter EX5 1HYRef. No: 20/2788/LBC | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Replacement of existing flat roof to store and raising roof height by 150mm The Stores Clyst St Mary Exeter EX5 1BRRef. No: 20/2785/FUL | Validated: Tue 22 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Prior approval for proposed change of use of agricultural buildings to 3 no larger dwellings and 1 no smaller dwelling (Use Class C3) and associated operational development under Class Q(a) and Q(b). Barton Farm Village Way Aylesbeare Exeter EX5 2FFRef. No: 20/2786/PDQ | Validated: Tue 22 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Remove existing balustrade at second floor and replace with partition wall with a glazed panel and 1no. door Flat 9 Norton Garth Court Station Road Sidmouth EX10 8NYRef. No: 20/2735/LBC | Validated: Tue 22 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Change of Use – Barn conversion into swimming pool for domestic use with replacement of timber frame with new green oak frame structure (revision of 15/1997/LBC Luggs Farm Membury Axminster EX13 7TZRef. No: 20/2694/LBC | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Barn conversion and extension to facilitate use as swimming pool for domestic use with replacement of timber frame with new green oak frame structure (revisions to planning consent 15/1996/FUL) Luggs Farm Membury Axminster EX13 7TZRef. No: 20/2693/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Construction of an external goods lift on proposed 75 bed care home site currently under construction (18/2203/MFUL). Former Moreton 13 Drakes Avenue Exmouth EX8 4AARef. No: 20/2624/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Outline application with all matters reserved for the construction of a detached bungalow The Retreat Stoke Canon Exeter EX5 4EGRef. No: 20/2543/OUT | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Change of use from ancillary accommodation to the main dwelling to an independent residential use (Use Class C3) for holiday letting purposes The Coach House 9A Fore Street Budleigh Salterton EX9 6NGRef. No: 20/2514/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision
- Subdivision of public house to create dwelling and construction of three 2 bedroom dwellings with associated parking and gardens New Fountain Inn Church Road Whimple Exeter EX5 2TARef. No: 20/2481/FUL | Validated: Mon 21 Dec 2020 | Status: Awaiting decision