From a correspondent:
Eight things exceptional bosses tell their employees – applied to EDDC
1. I have total confidence in you – EDDC do NOT believe that the public knows best – they do not have confidence in us.
2. “This is what I want us to accomplish…” – EDDC keep most of their their agenda secret and do not inspire the public with a vision based on reality.
3. “What can we do better next time?” – EDDC are never willing to admit mistakes and so never learn lessons.
4. “I want to play to your strengths.” – EDDC do not put the best councillors up for each job regardless of party.
5. “What is your opinion?” – In other words, consultation. Need I say more.
6. “How can I better support you?” – I can’t imagine Mark Williams asking, say, Matt Dickins if he needs help – but who knows – stranger things may have happened.
7. “Let me know if you have any questions.” – Answering questions is not EDDC’s forte.
8. “Good work.” – Giving plaudits to others is a great trait – blowing your own trumpet on the vaguest premise of success or even the vaguest promise of success isn’t the same thing.
EDDC Score: 0/8