Barclays Bank has announced the closure of more of its branches across the country – including two in Devon. The banking giant revealed its plans to shut 14 more branches across England and Wales which is set to take place in June.
Chloe Parkman www.devonlive.com
According to The Mirror, the latest closures come on top of the 55 branches the bank had already announced would shut this year. This means that the bank will close at least 69 branches by the end of 2023.
The latest announcement has confirmed that both Tiverton and Honiton are set to lose their Barclays branches in June this year.
However, despite the upcoming closures, the bank – which runs pop-up sites – is set to open new ‘banking pods’. The ‘banking pods’ are semi-permanent sites that can be moved to different locations based on demand.
Barclays currently has 200 pop-up sites and has announced plans to increase this number by another 70, while it also has ten of its “banking pods”.
The bank also runs an educational and support van service for people who need financial advice on topics such as saving for a home or setting up a business. You can find your nearest service on the Barclays website.
Customers can also access certain facilities at Post Office branches including cash and cheque deposits, checking your balance and withdrawing cash.
Which branches are set to close as part of the latest announcement?
- 46 Rhosmaen Street, Llandeilo, Wales, SA19 6HF – June 23, 2023
- 38/42 High St, Mold, Wales, CH7 1BB – June 30, 2023
- 12 Station Street, Saltburn-by-the-Sea, England, TS12 1AB – June 30, 2023
- 24 Fore Street, Tiverton, England, EX16 6LE – June 28, 2023
- 106 High Street, Honiton, England, EX14 1JW – June 23, 2023
- 10 The Square, Caterham, England, CR3 6XH – June 23, 2023
- 112 Woodcote Road, Wallington, England, SM6 0LY – June 28, 2023
- 65/67 Sandgate Road, Folkestone, England, CT20 1RY – June 23, 2023
- 66 Market Place, Chippenham, England, SN15 3JA- June 23, 2023
- 1 The Square, Holmes Chapel, England, CW4 7AF- June 27, 2023
- 13/15 Victoria Square, Holmfirth, England, HD9 2DW – June 23, 2023
- 337/339 Stanley Road, Bootle, England, L20 3EB – June 30, 2023
- 207 High Road, Loughton, England, IG10 1AZ – June 22, 2023
- 28 Chesterton Road, Cambridge, England, CB4 3AZ – June 28, 2023
The Mirror claims it has contacted Barclays for comment.